Whether on Facebook Messenger, their website, or even text messaging, more and more brands are leveraging chatbots to service their customers, market their brands, and even sell their products.
But, the if/then logic that powers many chatbots’ conversational abilities limits them from answering unique and new questions, which can hang your customer out to dry and leave them dissatisfied with your customer service.
What is an AI chatbot?
An AI chatbot is a program within a website or app that uses machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) to interpret inputs and understand the intent behind a request. Chatbots can be rule-based with simple use cases or more advanced and handle multiple conversations.
The rise of language models like GPT and LaMDA (the podcast below discusses how they work) has made way for conversational AI chatbots with advanced capabilities that can mimic a human conversation style, find information online, and produce unique content.
The most important thing to know about an AI chatbot is that it combines ML and NLU to understand what people need and bring the best solutions. Some AI chatbots are better for personal use, like conducting research, and others are best for business use, like featuring a chatbot on your website.
With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the best AI chatbots for 2023. Read on to find the right one for you.
Best AI Chatbots
- Chat-based commands help sales, marketing, and service professionals maximize productivity
- Draft follow-up emails, compile analytics reports, or even prospect
- Connects to HubSpot software and leverages your existing data
- Uses natural language processing to understand the context of conversations to provide related and original responses in a human-like conversation
- Multiple use cases for things like answering simple questions, ideating and getting inspiration, or generating new content (like a marketing email)
- Improves over time as it has more conversations.
3. Bing Chat
- Uses NLP and machine learning to understand conversation prompts
- The compose feature can generate original written content and images, and its powerful search engine capabilities can surface answers from the web
- It’s a conversational tool, so you can continue sending messages until you’re satisfied
- Powered by Google’s LaMDA (instead of GPT)
- Use it for things like brainstorming and ideation, drafting unique and original content, or getting answers to your questions
- Connected to Google’s website index so it can access information from the internet
- Conversational AI and NLP capabilities, which allow businesses to automate aspects of customer support, such as answering frequently asked questions or routing customers to the right support agent.
- Offers a range of integration options, allowing businesses to seamlessly incorporate it into their existing workflows.
- provides advanced analytics and reporting capabilities, allowing businesses to track and analyze customer interactions and support metrics.
6. HubSpot Chatbot Builder
- Customers can get answers to frequently asked questions, book meetings, and navigate through your site.
- Conversations are stored in your CRM so you can qualify leads and trigger automation flows.
- Easy integration across your marketing, sales, and service tools because HubSpot is a CRM platform.
- It uses machine learning and behavioral data to respond to site visitors and provide a personalized experience.
- Use your business data to train the bot to carry out tasks and provide answers relevant to your business.
- Code-free builder to easily create a custom branded bot and leverage 250 out-of-the-box integrations.
8. Watson Assistant
- NLP and machine learning to gather context.
- Train it with industry and business-specific data so it gives chatters business-relevant information.
- It can run on your website, messaging channels, customer service tools, and mobile app, and you can quickly get started with the low-code builder.
- Rule-based and AI chatbot with a classifier that categorizes conversations by context for more meaningful conversations.
- Can handle context switching if the conversation flow or subject changes.
- Customizable chat widget for mobile and desktop with helpful out-of-the-box integrations.
- AI and machine learning help you train your chatbot.
- Rule and intent-based bots that understand the context of and replicate a conversational experience.
- Omnichannel usability for WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Etc.